One of the best aspects of The Greystone Event is the impressive and diverse group of speakers who volunteer their time to discuss the senior living industry. This year’s group of speakers included CEOs of multi-site organizations, bankers who work in the capital markets, architects, actuaries, attorneys — and even Larry Minnix, president and CEO of LeadingAge.
We’ve done our best to compress hours of presentations and panel discussions into a brief highlight video. This video (embedded below) shares 10 Insights:
- Define Success: Mark Andrews of Greystone introduces a discussion on leadership strategies by describing the importance of defining success.
- Learn From the Best: Michael Gallagher is the president and CEO of AvMed, parent company to SantaFe Senior Living. He went to executives at Disney to learn about how they pursue service excellence.
- Grow to Secure Market Share: Gary Marsh, who leads Masonic Homes of Kentucky, sees growth as an organizational value. He believes that growth is needed to secure his organization’s position as a leader in the Louisville market.
- Let Market and Financials Drive Planning: Sloan Bentley discusses how she brought a new approach to master planning when she joined Lifespace Communities.
- Exceed Expectations: John Spooner of Greystone describes the next generation of CCRC residents and the standards against which they will evaluate senior living communities.
- Get Into the Concierge Business: LeadingAge’s Larry Minnix says that senior living organizations must become a friendly, helpful, responsive source of information and assistance in order to find future success.
- Merging Makes Financial Sense: ABHOW’s Dave Ferguson talks about the motivation behind the merger between his organization and be.group.
- Create a Sense of Discovery: Rocky Berg of Three: Living Architecture says that a community’s design can help choreograph predetermined moments of spontaneous experience.
- Surround Yourself With Experts: Dave Fields of RBC Capital Markets recommends involving professionals who can provide valuable advice as you pursue growth opportunities.
- Prepare for Overwhelming Demographics: Brad Paulis of CCRC Actuaries puts numbers behind conventional wisdom, sharing statistics that demonstrate just how strong the demand for high-quality senior living will be in the coming years.
See these speakers in action by using the video player below.