In early March 2011, Ziegler and Greystone hosted their annual Senior Living Executive Symposium in Carlsbad, California. Twenty-five organizations from around the country, mostly multi-campus CCRC providers, attended and learned through both open dialogue and a variety of presentations by industry professionals. Discussion topics included:
• Strategies to achieve growth in a challenging environment and examples of how providers are doing this today,
• Competitive response through repositioning or expanding,
• The changing senior-consumer mindset,
• Balancing hospitality with managing a successful business, and
• An overview of the capital markets and sources for growth capital.
The 2011 Ziegler Greystone Executive Symposium was a great success. A benefit of the smaller setting that the Symposium provided, professionals from both Greystone and Ziegler dialogued directly with each attending organization in addition to presenting materials in more formal setting. Through these discussions, as well as findings in the annual survey, it became clear that organizations are optimistic about the future, are currently planning and executing on growth strategies, and have continued to improve financial performance in the past year despite the struggling economy.